Sunday, April 12, 2009

The Real Housewives of New Jersey


As If I need one more show to consume my life full of reality bites----Bravo has done it again and as People has outline for us in their first look at Bravos new addition of its "Real Housewives Drama-tology" it seems that this group of ladies will delight us with more outrageous behavior and "do they really live like this moments"
As I sat at home today on Easter Sunday of course I tuned to my favorite marathon channel Bravo and was excited to catch the end of the RHWo Orange County--(I missed the final episode) and was even more excited to see that I got the chance to catch the sneak peak at their new spin off the "New Jersey" wives.
As in true Bravo Fashion the episode began outlining each housewife and their "stories" giving us a teaser glance into their worlds.
As each girl was introduced throughout this episode I was so confused...did they really just say that sisters married brothers? Is that legal---how do you explain that to your friends yeah were' sisters and we married brothers---I thought that stuff only happened in backwards southern states. Then to throw another "sister" in the pack there is a housewife who married the two sisters brother---I'm thinking Bravo should have named this a completely different show like Family Ties or something (oh wait that show title was already used years ago oooh well)
The houses are extravagant, the drama is over the top and the cars are out of this world.
I have to say that this one may have to grow on me but I'm just not into the ladies at this time...They are a little to "wanna-be-ish" for me. Its like they are trying to be very much something that they are not...but I think its cause I'm bias with the New York ladies---maybe its cause I relate to them more as that is where my roots are from or maybe its because I have never really had positive experiences in Jersey myself.
Many articles and blogs have been written about this season for the Jersey ladies its been noted on the jokes such as the "big hair" "arm pit of the united states" etc etc....So I can't be original or witty when others have already taken the obvious punch line jokes--- but what I will say is we will be enjoying family feuds, Crazy purchases, and of course back-stabbing conversations between grow women living in fantasy worlds that of course we are glorifying by tuning in.
I just can't help it---its addicting. I know that I eventually I will be watching and following these gals as well but for now take a Sneakpeak at the show and let me know what you think. Of course my editor will probably roll her eyes and refuse to tune in, I'd like to think we could all escape from our realities and enjoy a little time in "reality TV land" to just be distracted for a while....Happy watching and tune in later this week when I do a recap of RHWoNYC...

No comments: