Friday, April 3, 2009

The News No One Wants


Hello My Blogging Buddies...As promised here come some blogs.


Well the last Actual blog I wrote was after one of the happiest days of my life. My wedding....it has been a great joy and blessing being united with my love...I was lucky to have all my friends and family there especially my Nannie.


Nannie is my mum's mum and probably the most important person in my life. We knew something was wrong because she wasn't herself or up to par when she visited but in true queen fashion she made the trip to share in my special day. Shortly after her visit to the Midwest she went to see the doctor again for ailments that had been troubling her for months.


The bad news came the day before thanksgiving....the big C----Cancer....now Cancer is a hard thing to swallow for anyone at anytime...however the C word came with a nasty stage level and hers was the worst one---surgery not an option...talk about a one two punch.



Thanksgiving was hard for me and the months to follow not so easy either. Taking my savings for Christmas gifts I booked a flight right away for home for the holidays...I needed to be with her. I spent the day after Christmas through new years eve with my Nannie and really just enjoyed some quality time with her.


She has been going through her Chemo treatments and last week it was discovered that the treatments had little effect on the masses. She is no going through a course of tests to see if she is physically ready for surgery. We're patiently crossing our fingers and keeping her spirits up.


Its hard being away from your family, but its especially hard when you want to be there for them through a tough time.


I talk to my Nannie everyday and wish everyday I had enough money to visit her once a month.


She finally got her wig the other day and let me tell you this little sassy Brit looks stunning. (shes up top)
I am a firm believer that she is to strong not to beat this. Her spirits are high and shes attacking it full force. Its very hard for her not to----I don't allow her to be negative.
I know that cancer effects thousands....millions each day...and its not getting any easier to cure..to deal with...to live with...however it is here and we can't ignore it. I have been blessed with an amazing family, compassionate co-workers, and supportive friends...and The love and strength that they have offered to my Nannie is amazing...they need to know that a huge part of her healing and battle is being fought because of their thoughts and strength and I am forever grateful to them. . . .
I'll keep everyone posted on Nannies progress...for now shes strutting about in that fabulous new do, making tea, and learning to slow down and do nothing once in a while :o)

3 comments:

TheWeyrd1 said...

I'm sending out good vibes for a speedy recovery, I know how hard it can be...especially when it's a close loved one who is dealing with this thing...

yenbar said...

No one is ever prepared for that kind of news and there are no words to make it all better..but just know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers..your Nannie is lucky to have you in her life!

Jdancer8 said...

Thank you yen for your thoughts and prayers it means a lot :o)