Sunday, August 2, 2009

Thoughts Become Things Choose the Good Ones

Well my readers, its been a while since I have last written and alas I don't have witty comments or feedback on any reality shows to share with you. But I do have lots of personal news to update.

As I write right now I am watching a video titled the secret. I'm pretty sure you might have heard of the book, and yes there is a video of it too. A good friends husband suggested that I watch it and I can't think of a better time for me to be reminded of all of these positive thinking and affirmations.

I went on vacation last week to my most favorite place in this country, Myrtle Beach. I got to see one of my best friends in the whole world and just escape from the realities that I had been dealing with here in cheese land. Well the day before I was to leave on vacation I walked into my horrible office job and was fired on the spot. I was not given a reason and I was not given a chance to even pack up my personals for myself it was done for me. I had seen this coming and thought about it for about two weeks before it happened. I put it out there to the universe that they would let me go and guess what folks it happened.

I shook and was outraged at first, I wasn't even given a reason, they told me they were not at liberty to discuss that with me. I was so upset, should I not go on vacation now, what was I going to do. I didn't have time to plan for this happening. But my friends this awful news truly was a blessing in disguise. I made a pro and con list of that company and I was definitely shocked at the length of the con list. Staying in a piousness atmosphere not only effected me at the job but in my home life, my creative life, and just all around me life. It was terrible. I will not air the company's dirty laundry on this blog because I don't think that the blog would support the length in which that type of blog would need to be to include all the details. Long story short I fretted for about 5 hours after I got home about it and then realized you know what Jessica Marie, you hated that job, you complained daily at the job off the job. It was not worth it. I became a bitter and high strung person (if that is possible considering I'm pretty high strung by myself) And during vacation I didn't worry about it one second.

Today as I sat down to watch the secret I realized that I am so much happier. I literally sat down at my desk and whipped out three great sketches for the sets for my musical theatre company piece I'm doing. I had been meaning to do it for weeks. I just didn't have the spark or the drive to do it. I would sit down to do it and get distracted or feel that I had millions of other things I had to do. I also whipped out another whole class of lesson plans. ONE WHOLE YEAR of them. It just flowed out. I think that eliminating that negativity and poison from my life made me enjoy the day a little more.

I am not stressing that if I had to go to the office to do the payroll and catch up from being gone for so long. I am just so relieved. Tomorrow I get to go to an interview, and spend the rest of the day at the farm with my wife which is going to be great.

I really am feeling optimistic about the future. I always thought it was necessary to have a desk job and benefits and not pursue what makes me happy. Knowing that I am teaching so much more and have the ability and option to just relax a little. Its an amazing feeling. and the best part is I have friends that are so there for me that they have been sending job opportunities my way and of course the support that helps me get through the day. Tami and Jeni have been so great to me and my April too of course its amazing to feel so supported in a time where you feel down and upset. I believe that I am feeling so confident and at ease because they have helped me feel this way.

My friends and readers please take some time to just look at your life and what you think about each day. A wise boss of mine once told me the quote that "thoughts become things, choose the good ones" I have to admit that for song I allowed myself to choose the bad ones and the negative ones. I tell my grandma everyday that you have to stay positive and fight her cancer, well even if its just the thoughts its still the positiveness in which she attacks each day that will get her through the day. I think we all have to keep that in mind its important. So I challenge you to this. Choose one good thought a day. And as the weeks go on add more and more. I would love to hear about every ones positive thoughts. Now I'm not saying that automatically your life will be negative-free or you wont have obstacles to climb. Its how we face those obstacles and attack them. So lets attack them together with positive thoughts and actions.

Remember THOUGHTS BECOME THINGS...CHOOSE THE GOOD ONES!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

TheWeyrd1 said...

Thanks for reminding me that what I focus on grows! So focus on the things you really want to grow...heh.

RV Dealer said...

ya really thank for u reminding..i will choose best used motorhomes.it's really helpful info

Regards
RV for sale

Delfin Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Delfin Ashley said...

Yes its true that thoughts become the things to choose the best

Thanks for sharing your experience & Double Thanks for reminding me to focus on my goal from which I divert a little.


Trucks for sale