Sunday, August 30, 2009

I'm Freeeeee

Well readers its been a while since you've been updated and I guess you could say a lot has happened. This July the wife and I had our long awaited vacation to Myrtle Beach planned. 10 days before we were to leave the airline cancelled our charter flight, no reason but "they can" and they would be refunding my trip in full in 10 to 14 business days (it took 16 days actually) So I was beyond upset about the cancellation, but it was decided, suck it up and make it a fun little road trip. So the plans were in motion for us to be driving to Myrtle Beach. I busted my butt the final few days at work to make sure that all payroll was processed and completed before my departure including quarterly payroll tax returns. Well I arrived at work on my last day before vacation time at my usually 730 am to make sure I get enough time in and I was met at the door by the two VP's . Ms. Mary and Mr. Mark. they stopped me before I could even reach my office.

Well they then asked me to enter the conference room and they stood on one side of the table and looked to the corner behind me where I followed their glance and realized that my personal belongings had been packed. Well I looked back at them and asked bluntly "am I fired?" Mary nodded her head in agreement and Mark couldn't even look at me. So I said may I ask why, and Mary responded "I am not at liberty to discuss that with you" I then asked if I would get my vacation pay and she stated yes. I then grabbed my boxes and headed out the door. I couldn't believe this. What had I done? Should I still go on vacation? What am I gonna do? the questions were racing through my mind and the whole time I was shaking.

After digesting the initial shock of this news I became of course bitter as I had done nothing, I called my dance boss right away and she listened to me and offered advice. She said I would be find and we'd be sure to get me something. She really helped calm my nerves. She also said you NEED to go on your vacation so I did. I enjoyed 8 glorious days in the sun with friends and was so proud that we saved our money from the wedding because the trip really didn't cost us any money.

The moment I returned I filed for unemployment and began the job hunt for something part time. I began to realize that this was truly a blessing in disguise because I was not treated fairly at that company at all. For almost two years I was overworked and underpaid.

Well when I returned I went to the computer to see if my final paycheck was direct deposited and it turns out that it wasn't so immediately I called the office to see what the problem was and was told that no one got their money direct deposited and that we would be getting physical checks. So I stated I would pick up the check. Apparently they had hired someone to start the day I left. The company is beyond corrupt and the three people running the company are the masterminds behind it all.

I don't regret the time I spent there because I did good work in a timely manner and I knew what I was doing. There is nothing in my p-file to state otherwise. But who knows what they could falsify up and put in there.

At the end of the day I am free. I am free from dealing with the bullshit that that company put me through. Putting my professional judgment in jeopardy as well as making me work for what a secretary should be paid. I am happy. My attitude is amazing and life is fine. Yes money is tight yes I will miss the money that was made but this too shall pass and I am FREEE from that horrible place.

Ok now...back to some tarot reading.

1 comment:

TheWeyrd1 said...

Thanks for the birthday reading! Glad you're free to pursue your real dreams!